Cast your vote!
The Western New York Conservancy is holding an international design ideas competition to transform the former elevated DL&W railroad corridor running from Canalside to the Buffalo River into an inspiring new nature trail and greenway.
Nearly one hundred proposals were submitted from across the region, the country and around the world. Nature lovers, trail users, and people excited about the revitalization of Buffalo’s waterfront and communities are now being encouraged to vote for their favorite design ideas.
The three designs that get the most online votes will become finalists in the Community Choice Award, and will be eligible to win a $3,000 prize. They will join a selection of design idea proposals selected by neighborhood stakeholders in the Old First Ward, Perry, and Valley neighborhoods.
You may vote for as many entries as you wish by clicking the “thumbs up” vote button on the upper left corner of the entry detail page. If you wish to change your vote, simply click the button again. You may vote for as many designs as you wish.
You must create a free Submittable.com account to vote:
Voting will open on Monday, March 11, 2019 and will close on Monday, March 25, 2019 at 11:59PM EST.
- November 16, 2018: Design Ideas Competition launch.
- January 4, 2019: Optional site visit for applicants.
- January 11, 2019: Deadline for questions from applicants.
- February 15, 2019: Deadline for submissions (5:00 p.m. EST)
- April 2019: Public exhibition and selection of winners
We would like thank the generous supporters of the Design Ideas Competition
- M&T Bank
- Blue Fund, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
- Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Funds at the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation/Land Trust Alliance
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy through the Doppelt Family Trail Development Fund
- Individual Land Conservancy members and donors